Sunday, July 13, 2008

Lucky Duck

I am one lucky duck! Last night, I got into one of my closets (the one with the newly hung doors). I got something out and moved over to the other closet. I had been away from the first closet not even 30 seconds when one of the doors from the first closet came out of the track and went crashing to the floor. I was stunned!!! And frustrated. And amazed that I had not been struck and hurt!!!!

Another truly amazing thing about it is that it fell at an angle and did not hit my new dresser, or the other closet door, or a newly painted wall. It fell straight onto the floor. The one bad thing is that it landed on the side with the new knob. The knob went straight through the door and jammed the screw into the back side of other door in the set. So there's a big hole in the door. I received a suggestion that I get a washer that matches the knob (and put one on the back, too). Hopefully, if I do them all the same, it won't look too bad. The only other solution (I think) would be to replace the door. And what do you think the chances are that I could find a door that is the right size and style? Not great, I would bet.

Anyway, I'm not too upset because it could have been much worse, on many levels.

It's Sunday night, and I'm pooped. I've worked about 68 hours this week. I'm so looking forward to this Saturday when I don't have to work at all. :o) I'm also looking forward to seeing my sister Claudia and her family this week. That will be the highlight!!!! I'm so excited to seem them all.

Surprisingly, I have actually accomplished a few things this last week regardless of my work schedule. One of the biggest things is ridding my driveway of Daniel's old Corolla. I found a buyer AND cleaned the thing out (which was one of the most disgusting experiences of my life). Don't even ask.............. But it has a new home with someone who will fix it up and get a little more life out of it.

This coming week is going to be very busy, but I hope to finish painting my closet doors and get them hung by the weekend; finish up filling out the papers for my benefits at work (I have a couple of changes to make, and they make it SO complicated); register at least 50 students at work; give my house a good cleaning; clean up the laundry side of the basement. That may be a bit ambitious, but if I don't have at least a loose plan, I'll accomplish nothing.

Have a good week everyone.....

1 smart remarks:

Unknown said...

Good luck!