Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Independence Day

Happy Indedpendence Day, everyone!!! This truly is a great country and I'm glad to be a citizen. It's true that we have some very serious issues these days, but it is still a land of freedom and opportunity. It is full of wonderful, good people. And it is BEAUTIFUL!!! If it was a terrible place, we would not hear near as many accents as we do. I fly our flag proudly today!!!

I have been enjoying my time off immensely. I have accomplished some big tasks but have also done some enjoyable and spontaneous things. On Wednesday, I spent hours pulling weeds and dragging the hose around. In addition, I cleaned up a disaster of a kitchen and did nearly all of the laundry. I had a lovely, yet hilarious, conversation with my sister, Claudia. (We discussed our common aversion to pets.) I was finally able to complete the legal paperwork that has been hanging over my head. Yesterday, I officially filed it. (My "almost" Indepence Day came a day early.) The die is cast. The clock is ticking. It's just a waiting game now for at least three months........ Last of all, Nadia and I went to the gym and flailed around in the water.

Yesterday, I did housework, finished laundry, filed paperwork, went downtown to the courthouse, went to lunch with Mom, Dad, Katie and Doug, went to Western Gardens with Katie and got some plants, went to the parade with all three of my kids, rushed home and picked up my friend Nadia for another water aerobics class, and slept like a baby!! The class we went to was at the West Jordan Middle School pool. I've never been there before. The facility itself is old, and doesn't seem particularly sanitary, but the pool itself is very nice. The instructor (Teresa) does such a great job--probably the best class I've ever attended. At the end of class she turned out all of the lights, except for the reflective pool lights, and we did our stretching to very relaxing music. It was so great!!!!

Today I am going to weed and plant for a while in the morning before it gets too hot. Then I will head to the Equestrian Center to deliver a package to someone. When I get home, I plan to start painting closet doors. I have just GOT to get this done. Tonight, Nadia and I will go see a movie--don't know what yet. All in all, I feel good about what I've been able to do the last two days. I haven't missed working AT ALL!!! :o) I desperately needed this time to be on my own clock and do the things that I wanted and needed to do--things that have been weighing on me heavily in recent weeks. I feel great!!!!!

Well, it's 7:30. I had better get out there before the sun hits the patch I'm working on. Go enjoy your holiday!!!

6 smart remarks:

granny said...

Hope your yard adventures didn't include any run-ins with the cat remains we discussed the other day. Haha...you make me laugh. Maybe that is one of the reasons I love you so much. Happy 4th!

joeyship said...

Nope, no cat remains. But I DID run into one of the biggest, juciest caterpillars I've ever seen!! YUK!!! It was big enough to be a kiddie ride at LaGoon!

Kate said...

A kiddie ride at LaGoon? And you wonder why I'm such a funny one... :)

granny said...

At least the caterpillar was alive and not "recycled." Hm. I was thinking about going to Lagoon when we are there but I'm re-thinking...did you sell them any new rides?

P.S. Is there really a capital "G" in Lagoon? LaGoon?

granny said...

P. S. Again...Trade you a catepillar for a scorpion....

That is kinda like trading a steelie for a chipped blue marble.

joeyship said...

I'm not sure about the capital "g." I think I saw it that way once and thought it was totally appropriate!

And I found out that said cat is owned by my next door neighbor. It, and it's two siblings, were abandoned in my front yard last year. I ignored them. She didn't.

I just wish it would eat the kiddie rides, I mean caterpillars.

And no scorpions, please. I have a hard enough time with the creepy black widows......