Saturday, June 21, 2008

Spontaneous Adventures Rock

I can't say enough about spontaneous adventures. I had one today that I wouldn't trade for anything! So much for all the "chores" I wanted to do today! Ehhh, they'll be waiting for me another day.......

I got a phone call from Bug (Katie) this morning. She asked if I wanted to go get some breakfast. I said sure, and we hooked up at Kneaders for a croissant breakfast sandwich. Afterward we went to Target where I needed to shop for a couple of items. We also went to Ross and tried on about 30 different things. If you ever want to really enjoy shopping, go with Katie. She's a scream! On our way back to the car, Katie noticed the halo of gray hair emanating from my scalp. She suggested that we go back into Target and get a box of hair dye. I have always had it done by a professional, so I kind of recoiled. But next thing you know, we were in my bathroom dying each other's hair (we were actually highlighting her hair). I was petrified!!! But you know, it actually turned out alright! After we were finished, she styled it too. Man, I was in heaven!!!!

We ended up spending nearly the entire day together--and what a treat that was for me!!!

I did get a few things on my list accomplished today. I filled up my car and the gas cans, did most of the laundry, dragged the hose around, paid bills and did paperwork, and visited with my friend Elisabeth who has been so sick.

It has been a lovely day. Thanks, Bug, for sharing it with me! :o)

Oh, and by the way, Katie decided she had to know what famous people I looked like. So take a gander at the little clip on the right. The picture of me morphs into someone very famous. I would never have guessed we looked anything alike. You be the judge. But just so you know, the website that sponsors that little "morph" also thought I looked like Heather Locklear, Emma Thompson, and even ALEC BALDWIN!!! YIKES!!!!! Shoot me now!!! hahaha

Let me know what you think.....

1 smart remarks:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.