Saturday, May 9, 2009

Daniel - The Man of the Hour

As you can see, we had a very important event in our family this week. On Friday, Daniel walked in his graduation ceremony at the University of Utah. He actually finished school in December of last year, but he decided to savor his victory and participate in the "big march." The University invited author, David McCullough, to address the graduates. I had been looking forward to hearing him speak, but I have to admit that I started to nod off in the middle of it. Boy, was I relieved when Daniel told me he had the same problem! The student speaker was very impressive, but nothing impressed me as much as my son marching into the Huntsman Center, a college graduate. He's worked very hard, and I couldn't be any more proud! (By the way, I wanted the picture of just him at the top, but I have yet to completely figure out how to get pictures in the order you want them. Hrmmmph!)
From the time he was a small child, I always knew that he was destined for great things. Any 2-year-old that can say to you, "Was that really necessary?" to his mother when she burps aloud is going places. I'm very sure he will do great things with his life. You can see from the top picture that he's anxious to get on his way to wherever he's going. The day was made even better due to the fact that his best friend, K.C. Marett, graduated with him. Those two have been best buddies since 4th grade. After the ceremony, we were able to meet up with Grandma and Grandpa for a celebratory lunch. It's a day to be remembered for years to come.
And what could make the day any better than hanging out with my very favorite peeps on the planet. They can even make a trip on public transportation entertaining.

I don't think there's a luckier mom on the planet than me!

3 smart remarks:

runningfan said...

Wow! Congrats to Daniel! That's a huge achievement. What's his degree in (do I need to go back and read...)?

granny said...

Wish I could have been there! I'm glad it was a great day!

joeyship said...

He graduated in Political Science. He is planning to take the LSAT, perhaps in the fall. Then I guess it's law school......