Saturday, April 26, 2008

New Beginnings

As those of you who are close to me know, I am once again living life single. The last few months have been so very challenging and difficult--the last month the hardest of all. But I am actually feeling a peace I haven't known in some time. I don't dread coming home anymore, I'm enjoying my sons as never before, and I have managed to recapture much of the motivation I have lacked in recent months.

It truly is a new beginning for me. Sometimes I am petrified, but mostly I am feeling very hopeful and positive. I have begun to spend more time with great friends again. I am feeling closer to my children (whom I love more than my very life). I have experienced the incredible love my dear parents have for me. I am starting projects at home that have needed doing for a number of years. I am enjoying the peace I feel at home--something that is so important for rejuvenation at the end of a busy day. There has been so much turbulence here in recent months, so it is such a welcome and surprising change. It is absolutely amazing to me how one person can have such an affect on the aura of your home. I have learned through all of this how important it is to have a peaceful place to call home.

I have no bedroom furniture right now. I have plans to buy new furniture, but first I decided I would clean and paint my room. It is a disaster area. I have been washing walls, then repairing them and sanding. I have less than one wall to go before I can wash everything down one more time and paint. Then I'll get the furniture I've picked out. I'm hoping that this renewal in the room where I spend the most time will purge more of the toxicity from my life. I am trying very hard not to let fear, bitterness, anger and resentment gain control over my mind and spirit!

There are many more projects waiting for me. But I had to put everything on hold to do this one thing for myself. The work has been therapeutic. The sanding dust has settled on every inch of my house (UGH), but that is a small price to pay. I can clean it up and throw it out with the bad memories and feelings that still plague me just a little. I'm so very excited!

And, of course, it helps that it is spring--a perfect time for a new beginning.

Thanks to all of you who have been so loving, kind and supportive throughout this ordeal. I will never be able to repay all you have done.

3 smart remarks:

granny said...

Go Jo! Can't wait to see the room!

angiedunn said...

Love you Aunt Jo!

I second the claudster...Can't wait to see the finished product!

Unknown said...

We wish you luck. And we can't wait to see your room when it's done. :)