Thursday, June 21, 2007

Temporary Farewells

My dear sister has been visiting the past few days from afar. What a treat it has been for me to spend some time with her! We often go weeks without communicating, which is really inexcusable with all of the electronic communication devices we both own. Our communication may be sparse, but when we see each other the days, weeks and even months just dissolve. We talk, laugh and giggle like kids. Hmmmmm. I don't remember doing that when we were kids. The years have been very kind to our relationship. In fact, time has been kind to my relationship with all of my family members, and I feel very lucky to be able to say that. Not everyone can.

She and her adorable daughter are leaving to return to the warmer regions of the southwest. I will miss her, as I have for the last 17 years. But happily, she will be returning in less than two months for a "planned vacation." I look forward to renewing that relationship once again and being able to spend a little more time with her.

So I bid them a temporary farewell. Safe journey. See you soon.

6 smart remarks:

Kate said...

I'm totally going to miss those kids too! :)

Holl Doll said...

Yay auntie Jo! I'm proud of your blog attack. that's what I called it when i started it. I miss you guys already ! You guys should come in november. That would be awesome.

granny said...

Ah, this is tender. I really think we should make better use of our electronic devices. haha. I'm glad we have a plan to see each other soon. Miss you already...

Ali said...

Welcome aboard! Can't wait to see what all you are going to share with us!

angiedunn said...

welcome to the blogosphere aunt jo!! love you, love your daughter.

Mark Dixon said...

Hi Jo!

Welcome to the blogosphere!

Mark