Sunday, December 28, 2008

T'was Lovely

It was truly a lovely Christmas. I think it was probably the most peaceful and least stressful I've had as long as I can remember. I was surrounded by the people I love the most, I had a warm roof and plenty of nourishment. Not a cross word was spoken by anyone. Gifts of love were given. The bad weather was a small glitch, but it was overcome. I have so much love in my life--I am undeservedly lucky...... The trick is to keep this feeling all year. Of course, we never succeed--we can but try.

I will be relieved to say goodbye to 2008. It has been a challenging year for me, but all of those challenges taught me such grand lessons. I'm sure 2009 will have its challenges, too. But I am hopeful that the best is yet to come.

I am now looking forward to four glorious days of "not working." I'm not sure what I'll be doing, but I'm sure puzzles will figure into the mix somewhere. They always do. I haven't even considered taking down the tree yet. That's what long, boring January is for.......

I hope all of you have a very happy and prosperous New Year!

3 smart remarks:

granny said...

Yeehaw for puzzles. I'm contemplating one right now. I'm so glad your Christmas was so grand. Mine too...aren't we lucky?

girlygirl said...

I love your comments - you have a way of making me smile every time I read them! I'm sorry I missed seeing you on Christmas.

Kate said...

I wish I had a day off in here to go get a pedi with you! :P