Saturday, August 2, 2008

Free Rice

I noticed that I have not posted in quite some time. So why do I feel guilty about it? It's silly, isn't it? Nonetheless, I feel a little sheepish when I don't write SOMETHING.

Because my life is pretty darn ordinary, I don't have a lot to share right now......

BUT................

If you don't already know about it, go to a website called www.freerice.com. It has been verified by Snopes as being authentic. Basically, you take a vocabulary test. For every word you define correctly, you donate 20 (I think it's 20) grains of rice to the poor of the world. I was amazed at the words. I would say that I had never even heard at least half of them. If you miss one, they tell you the correct definition and then it comes up again later on in the test. In just a few minutes, you will have accumulated hundreds or even thousands of grains of rice (and increased your vocabulary). It's pretty addicting. It will test your skill of dissecting words and defining parts so you might choose the correct answer.

Anyway, give it a try. It's educational and you benefit the poor while you learn. Can't beat that!!!

1 smart remarks:

girlygirl said...

Cool! I'll have to try that.