Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sunday Night Exhaustion Can Be Good

It's Sunday night and I'm exhausted. I thought weekends were supposed to be restful and recreational! Ha!!!

It's been a busy weekend, and I have actually accomplished more than I anticipated, AND I worked a shift I wasn't planning on working. So although I'm tired, I feel "accomplished!"

As soon as I was off work on Friday, I started painting. It was time to apply the COLOR. Whoa Green!!!! Why is it that once you are committed (you have purchased the paint and have started slapping it on the walls), it's not quite what you expected. It was a little more limey than I expected. But you know, it's growing on me!!! I had a real struggle with the edges where the green met the cream (and they are FAR from perfect), but they'll do for now. I am SO anxious to get my bedroom back together. The green paint is on and the trim is done. Tonight I cleaned up the mess, moved what furniture I have to one side of my room and vacuumed. I am ready to clean half of my carpet. Perhaps tomorrow or Tuesday will be the day.

I ended up trading a shift at the gym and working today. Instead of having today off, I will have Mother's Day.

This evening, the kids and I hooked up with Grandma and Grandpa for dinner. What a delight they are. I am so lucky to have had them in my life for so long. I have so many friends who do not share such wonderful relationships with their parents. Many of them lost their parents many years ago. I treasure every minute I get to spend with them--even if it's just talking on the phone. They are so kind, generous and wise. I appreciate their generosity and wisdom.

Another week ahead. No big, wonderful plans. We'll just see what it brings.

So, although I'm exhausted, it's a good feeling. Once I throw my alarm clock against my newly painted wall in the morning, I'll be ready for anything.


3 smart remarks:

granny said...

I'm so in awe. You get so much done. Hope your wall survived the alarm and that your exhaustion wanes so you can enjoy your room. Pictures baby, pictures.

joeyship said...

Pictures are problematic when you don't have a computer!!! :o(

angiedunn said...

you are awesome. way to be so productive! you inspire me!